If you are using Skype and you have a Asus Xonar DX sound card in your PC you might get this error while shutting down Microsoft Windows. This error is caused by “Asus Xonar DX Audio Center” software.
The fix for this problem is to install the sound card driver without the “Asus Xonar DX Audio Center” software.
1. Uninstall the Asus Xonar DX driver and restart Windows. 2. Download the sound card driver from https://www.asus.com/support and extract to desktop. 3. Open “Device Manager”, right click on “Multimedia Audio Controller” and select “Update Driver”.
4. Select to install the driver manually, browse for driver folder and click next, your sound card will be installed without “Asus Xonar DX Audio Center” software.
There are several ways to backup and restore Windows Firewall rules, different ways for different user needs, the backup can be made via GUI (Graphical User Interface), CLI (Command-Line Interface) and registry.
Tested operating systems:
Windows 7 x64
Windows 10 x64
1. Press ⊞ Windows key + R and type wf.msc 2. In “Windows Firewall with Advanced Security” window choose “Action” from main menu. 3.Backup by selecting “Export Policy” submenu, enter the name of the backup file and save. 4.Restore by selecting “Import Policy” submenu, select the backup file with .wfw extension and open.
1. Open cmd.exe (Command Prompt) as administrator and type the following commands. 2.Backup
netsh advfirewall export C:\backup.wfw
netsh advfirewall import C:\backup.wfw
Backup 1. Press ⊞ Windows key + R and type regedit 2. In “Registry Editor” window navigate to key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules\, right click on “FirewallRules” key and select “Export”, enter the backup file name and save, the backup file will be saved with the .reg extension for example backup.reg.
Restore 1. Press ⊞ Windows key + R and type regedit 2. In “Registry Editor” window navigate to key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules\, select and delete all string values.
3. Open the backup.reg file and add the values to the registry.